Tuesday 25 October 2011

Halloween: Tricks or Treats?

I'm contemplating whether I should be a witch this year. Not a black-pointy-hat kind of witch, but your general let's-egg-her-house witch. I've got this bee in my bonnet that is suggesting I give out pencils instead of candy.
Fun fact I feel I should have known: Lead has not been used for writing since Roman times. [Lead poisoning from pencils was caused by ingesting the lead paint of the outer coating when chewing or sucking!  --> Thanks, Wiki!]

Is this an invitation for beasts, large and small, to throw rotten eggs at my house, smash my triangle-eyed pumpkin and decorate my maple with tp? We only get about 50-75 kids. That's 6 or 7 packs of pencils. If we have leftovers it's not like I'll be scarfing 3 or 4 of those babies down at a time. Do the kids really need that much candy?

What are your thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for following me! For some reason I was unable to add you to GFC. It came up saying try again later..... will add to others here than I can.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...